Saturday, March 30, 2013

You have been warned....



So this weekend is Easter. Big fucking deal.

As an Atheist - a strong ON TRACK Atheist, I find all this pomp and circumstance bullshit.

Can I respect someone else's religious beliefs? I could if they would return the favor and back the fuck up out of my life. But they don't - they vote the way the Bible tells them so they don't actually have to think for themselves.

I will be blogging ALOT about how I feel religion is all bullshit, but this weekend has particularly put a bee in my bonnet. (Mainly to do with the the hate that was thrown towards the GLBT community in light of the recent hearings with SCOTUS.)

While HB and I were noshing at the local Golden Corral buffet, I was visually accosted by t-shirts professing people's beliefs in Jesus. When did St. Louis become so mother fucking religious? I knew there was going to be backlash about the SCOTUS hearings, but this is getting to be too much for me to take.

Before I get flamed, do they have the right to believe in what they want? Absofuckingloutely. I will die for a person's right to believe what they want. But by that same token I have the right to be outraged and voice MY opinion of their beliefs.

One thing I don't understand is how some Christians believe that Jesus' body was placed in a cave and then his corpse came up missing so they immediately jumped to the conclusion that he rose from the dead and went straight up to heaven.  

Huh?

Couldn't one of his rabid followers just have broken into the cave and stole his body? Is THAT hypothesis to hard to swallow?

Furthermore, if Jesus rose from the dead, doesn't that make him a mother fucking zombie? Are Christians worshiping a zombie Jesus? How sick.

So how does Jesus dying, vanishing, and leaving his followers in the dark equate to people wearing stupid hats, fancy holiday clothing, and binging on chocolate? That makes absolutely no sense at all.

But then again....wait for it....neither does religion.

And how does the Eater Bunny figure into all of this hub bub? I put him in the same category of Santa - STRANGER DANGER. You will NEVER see me accept anything from a bunny - EVER.

Until next time kids...

Much love,

Jim

1 comment:

  1. I am thinking that in this time you should give a try to this new app MARVEL Strike Force Mod Apk (Unlimited Energy) : which is now most trending app in the world.

    ReplyDelete