Monday, March 25, 2013

American Horror Story

HB and I just wrapped up both seasons of American Horror Story

Here's what I thought about the season as a whole... 



The Good: Sarah Paulson as Lana, Evan Peters as Kit, Lily Rabe as Sister Mary Eunice, Frances Conroy as Angel of Death, and of course Jessica Lange as Sister Jude. These actors were the cream of the crop. I could watch Jessica Lange read the tax code. She is perfection in everything she does. Lily Rabe was brilliant as the possessed nun - wickedly delicious. (You can click on the names of the actors for thier IMDB credits.)

The plot lines were interesting enough with more twists and turns than I can count. The writing is the thing that really shines in this series. Ryan Murphy makes sure the dialogue is crisp and witty. Thank you very much to him! I appreciate when writers don't dumb down dialogue for the lowest common denominator. (Kids)

Briarcliff Asylum was an excellent choice as set seeing how insane asylums give me the heebie jeebies. Not that it is full of crazy people, just the whole idea that they can round up crazy all in one place. 

The Bad:  Zachary Quinto as Dr. Oliver / Bloodyface, Adam Levine as the guy who gets his arm torn off, Joseph Fiennes as Monsignor Howard and  Dylan McDermott in general. These actors were just plain horrible and should not be allowed to return to the series. ( I didn't hyperlink these actors becuase they sucked in their roles. Fuck them.)

Seriously, Dylan McDermott only has one speed as an actor - he annoys me to tears. I am TIRED of Zachary Qunito being cast as the handsome villain. NEXT. The Adam Levine stunt casting backfired as I thought his acting was just a big pile of shit. And Joseph Fiennes did the worst thing an actor can do - bore me. Just like Nina Garcia on Project Runway, every TV show's main goal should be : DON'T BORE JIM. 

Also bad - the aliens. Really? That is what you came up with? Aliens are to blame. Booooooooring. 

Summary: Overall, the season was entertaining so I liked it somewhat. Despite a weak ass ending, I would recommend this show to my close circle of friends. 

This show received 3.5 Pampered Points. 



No comments:

Post a Comment