Friday, March 22, 2013

Oz - the Horrible and Stupid

HB and I went to see "Oz the Great and Powerful." the other night.

Despite the fact the majority of my friends posted on Facebook how crappy the movie was - we went anyway.

Our theater of choice is the Des Peres Wehrenberg. We go there primarily due to the fact that I LOVE the 5-star theater. I will gladly pay extra for no teenagers or babies. Plus the free refills on popcorn and soda is a major plus.

As fate would have it, they were not showing the 3-D version of it in the 5-star theater. We had to see it in the other set of theaters - gasp!  That should have been an omen to which we paid attention.

What can I say? It was bad all the way around. Nothing at all redeeming about it - just yuck.

This movie had a STELLAR cast of actors and a top notch behind the camera crew. Where did it go wrong? I guess we can look to the writing - horrifically bad. It was so bad that HB and I were mocking it during the movie. Seriously, its like they didn't actually even try writing compelling dialogue. Dry, predictable, and poorly executed.

I guess the best part of it was the special effects. But even those wore on my nerves as the movie trudges along. I hated everything and  everybody in the movie.

Blech.

I feel the actors involved should go to acting jail seeing how none of them seemed to even give a shit about how crappy their performances were. And yes, I know you can say blame the director, but no, I blame the actors - they should have known better.

And where is the fourth witch?

I am just glad that Rachel Weisz' character gets a house dropped on her in the sequel.

Maybe a house should drop on this entire movie. Just do it in so nobody else gets suckered into seeing this crap.

Please do not go see this pile of steaming shit. And when you do go see this, don't get mad when I told you not to go see it.

0 out of 5 Pampered Points.

No comments:

Post a Comment